About Me

My photo
Singapore
Mel. You know me you know me. If you don't. Then try. Cheers. All pics on blog before 2014 are taken on an iPhone. Now using this blog to upload my Olympus EM10 photos.

Thursday 13 December 2007

Things can't get any worse can they?

As you all know. My track frame has been delayed. Which means I do not know if I will get my new bike tomorrow. Next week. Before xmas. Or even next year. My bike shop simply says they are shipping out soon. I don't have exact dates. And miraculously for a fussy and "super need to have things planned" kind of guy I sort of accepted that and just waited for good news. Rather than work with a date like I always prefer.

That aside. I got a PM from my bike shop tonite. I was so hoping it was a message telling me either A) my bike is finally here. Or B) the US side has finally got its order back on and have shipped it over. But to my horror. It was a message telling me that Velocity was out of rear hubs! WTF*ckinF*ck. I couldn't even get my orange wheelset!

So he offered me a gold wheelset. Seriously I don't know how I can live with 'bling' on my bike. GOLDEN WHEELS?!?!?

After searching online for bike in that color config. I thought it was not that bad after all. (ok I'm getting desperate) But seriously. I was also in a dilemma after seeing alot of 'ugly' bikes with orange wheels..... The gold seemed like a classy and slightly subtle alternative to the garish orange I originally planned for.

I'm confused. This whole bike is getting more and more problematic by the day. Pls people. Help me out here. Any feedback on the gold wheels versus the orange wheels would be greatly appreciated.

Here's a pic of a gold wheelset config. Mine will look almost the same if I get the golden wheelset.....

No comments: