About Me

My photo
Singapore
Mel. You know me you know me. If you don't. Then try. Cheers. All pics on blog before 2014 are taken on an iPhone. Now using this blog to upload my Olympus EM10 photos.

Tuesday 20 January 2009

Fill her up Shakespeare. Thanks.

First off let me say that Caltex is about the best place you can go to fill up on petrol.

Why? The stations are nice and bright. They have the cleanest toilets in any petrol stations. They automatically clean your windows while waiting for the fuel to fill up. Supposedly the cleanest petrol with techron additives. And they have the best discount. 10% for me when I use my OCBC credit card.

But the best part is. The staff. I have not been to a Caltex where the staff where not friendly and made me smile. But tonight. It not only made me smile. But it made my heart tingle a little. And realize that a simple thing like filling up petrol could make someone's day.

Why? I was served by Shakespeare. Yes. His name is Shakespeare. I'm not kidding. He came up to me as I pulled up my car next to the filling pipes. Greeted me with the warmest greeting I've had this year. And of course I greeted him back loudly. I love greeting people loudly. As he filled up my tank. He was going through very nice rhymes of why Caltex petrol is the best. And when he was done. He asked me to look at his name tag. It clearly wrote "Shakespeare- Poet". I was amused and humbled by his sincerity that I smiled so hard. And it made me feel fuzzy inside.

Most of you must be wondering. He must be playing afool or he must be stupid. I guess it's all relevant if you look at it at a certain point of view. He was mildly-retarded. Caltex has always recruited such people. And it's really good. Because these people can work. They are simply not up to par academically. But they are sincere and genuine.

It's ashame that 'normal' people like us can't keep up to standards of service that these special people have. Have we gone backwards or forwards?

Anyway. This post is dedicated to Shakespeare. An indian man about 40+ of age. With a great personality and service of a true champion.

Make a trip down to Bukit Timah Caltex the next time you need to fill up on petrol. And fill up your heart with a poem by Shakespeare.

* I was so tempted to take a picture with him. But I've been to many special organizations before and have been told that it was a very sensitive issue to use their pictures as it could be portrayed as mockery in the wrong hands. So I took a picture of him from far. :)

1 comment:

Fuyouni Victorious said...

Thank you for sharing :)