About Me

My photo
Singapore
Mel. You know me you know me. If you don't. Then try. Cheers. All pics on blog before 2014 are taken on an iPhone. Now using this blog to upload my Olympus EM10 photos.

Thursday 24 April 2008

How I wish I was stronger and fitter......

Will I ever be fit enough to do one? I know I need to get one in at least once in my life..... Arghh!!! Hate it why am I so fat!


The swim is based along Singapore's coast in warm, usually calm inshore waters. It is an ocean swim in saltwater, and commences with a number of waves starts from the beach. Singapore waters are warm, hence wetsuits will not be required. Visibility is about 1.5 meters. The course will take swimmers on a one lap rectangular course over 1.9kms in total as mapped.
The bike course is 98% fast and flat and the Aviva Ironman 70.3 Singapore bike leg promises a memorable and unique city course, not found in most races. Whilst fast, it will feature one technical aspect in each lap that needs to be remembered.
The run itself will take competitors along the shoreline of Marina Centre, the city park that overlooks the towering skyscrapers of the Central Business District. It has stunning panoramic views of the city skyline. The park has many shelters and benches and it is an excellent place for spectators to cheer on their favourite athletes!

Swim – 1.9kms
Bike – 90.1kms
Run - 21.1kms

Hate it!!

No comments: