About Me

My photo
Singapore
Mel. You know me you know me. If you don't. Then try. Cheers. All pics on blog before 2014 are taken on an iPhone. Now using this blog to upload my Olympus EM10 photos.

Wednesday 3 March 2010

Mind Googling.

Ok some of you might think I'm an idiot because I don't know how to use google accounts properly.
But I find it a tad too confusing. They require an email address, which mine is from yahoo. Then I set up my blog many years ago. Now to enable some iphone function I had to create a Picasa account. Which wants to use my google account but yet says it can't access 2 accounts a once asking me to setup another google account.

What the hell is going on? I just need one email. My yahoo email. I don't want to be create email accounts just for the sake of logging in or enabling another function that I need.

I know many have just one google account that logs in everything for them. I would like that too. But I am using a yahoo account. And there just seems to be so many confusing things going on.

Damn it.

2 comments:

AL said...

1) Create a gmail account
2) Go to ymail settings->pop & forwarding. Make sure 'Web & POP access' is selected.
3) Click 'View POP settings'
4) Go to gmail settings->Accounts & Import
5) Under 'Check Email using POP3', add a POP3 email account and fill it up (you may want to add a label if you want to know it came from ymail).
POP3 Server and Port - use the one you see under ymail POP3 settings

Colin Wan said...

When I email from my iPhone, usually no problem leh but I was using mobileme email.

Give gmail a shot.