About Me

My photo
Singapore
Mel. You know me you know me. If you don't. Then try. Cheers. All pics on blog before 2014 are taken on an iPhone. Now using this blog to upload my Olympus EM10 photos.

Wednesday 13 January 2010

Sad end to a great day.

As many know. Sunny the family dog recently went to dog heaven. And what are the chances of meeting another dog that looks identical to him even before I have gotten over the passing of Sunny?

It happened after my daily midnight running sessions. I was heading to my lift lobby when I noticed a dog coming towards me. He looked identical to Sunny except he was slightly bigger. And neatly cropped. So I took some time to entertain it for awhile. Played with it and all. Then I realized it was 1am in the night with no one else around me. I was stranded with a lost dog.

He followed me up to my house. And seemed to entrust me with my presence. Therefore I brought him to every single unit in the whole block. Hoping that his sense of smell would alert me of his original home. But alas he sniffed his way through every single door. Only seemingly determined to follow me wherever I walked.

I had no choice but to give him a bowl of water. And leave him below the block where I found him. Hopefully his owner will realize first thing tomorrow morning that his dog is missing. And that the dog is still around for him to retrieve.

It was a heartbreaking moment to see the dog lost. And to make it worse he totally reminded me of my own loss. Of Sunny.

Sigh.

2 comments:

-ben said...

You didn't take him home?

Oh dear.

Hope the dog is all right...

Beef Nuggets said...

No I did not. I wanted too though, but decided not to as no one is at home in my place anyway. So I could not look after him. And the next morning when I went down to see if he is still around he is gone. So I would like to assume the owner has found him. (fingers crossed)