About Me

My photo
Singapore
Mel. You know me you know me. If you don't. Then try. Cheers. All pics on blog before 2014 are taken on an iPhone. Now using this blog to upload my Olympus EM10 photos.

Monday 3 January 2011

2011 post.

Guess it's that time of the year again to recap the events (as far as I can remember) of 2010. And talk a little more about what's in store for 2011.

2010 has been quite good. Lots of important events happening and big, heavy decisions to be made.

Proposal to Sandra was accepted and we looked forward to our wedding in march 2011. However.....

We started the year with the final term in NIE. Looked forward to finish it and get back into school to teach. However in a twisted hand of fate I was offered a Degree crossover which had me and Sandra having to make one of the most difficult decision yet. Am thankful to have such a lovely and understanding wife-to-be for supporting this decision. And of course the insane amount of explanation that had to be done to both sides family about how their son (and future son-in-law) is going to be literally broke, with no pay for the next 2 years. On top of having to finance a car, a HDB flat, living expenses, bills, and generally real life. I'm glad I still have a little savings to tide through this saga, however I fear it will not be enough. Will have to explore all other options to sustain. Seems impossible to many but I believe in weathering the storm for a much brighter future.

I have been constantly on the discipline on spending money (as you can see above why) and I am generally quite happy with my purchases for the year. I can safely say that I have not spent on any big ticket items and have put a halt to alot of my "hypebeasty" needs and wants. Although I have to admit I was still constantly buying Warhammer miniatures, albeit at controlled and very very restricted pace.

Food is something that is very messy to me personally. I love food. And it's difficult to control my eating habits. I am just too greedy. But I'm glad I have successfully pushed aside all expensive meals. Much to the resentment of my (rich-man-daughter) wife-to-be. And I know that eating normally (by my standards) and trying to exercise to lose weight does not go hand in hand. I am proud that I was able to drop (as of dec 2009) from my 93kg down to my current 88kg. It may only be a 5kg drop. And its really difficult for me to drop any further. It will be hard but I shall aim to drop to at least 85-80kg before our wedding in March.

Friends have been kind. Lots of exciting events with the Yoyo tier zero guys, although it seemed to slow down alot as the year progressed. Although I am sad to say that I completely lost touch with some of my friends due to "life" and all other reasons, be it an excuse or not. Will try my best to keep it all going stronger in 2011.

Preparation for the wedding and living together has been tough, both mentally and financially (even more so as I am a no salary student!). Lots and lots of administrative work to be done for our HDB flat (those who know, knows). And so much to prepare for the wedding. Al & Sharon's wedding last year provided a much needed "recce" of things to come!

And the crazy Italy "honeymoon" trip which did not turn out as well but heartfelt-ly appreciated nonetheless.

There is just so much more to say, but I really can't remember it off my head all at once. Will post it as it comes to my head. If it even matters anymore.

Just a few standard resolutions to make for 2011.

- Love Sandra more (as if I don't do it enough, bleah.... but still)
- Lose weight (difficult but I still must try)
- Dress better (realized I've been in slipper & shorts too many a time in 2010, I got lots of nice clothes, gotta wear it!)
- Ride my bicycle more (exercise)
- Jog more (more exercise)
- Drive less (save money on maintenance)
- Eat less ( to work with my weight loss goal & to save money)
- Spend more time in our new home ( I already have lots of hobbies eg. painting miniatures, should do it more often to prevent going out so much. Go out = spend money.)
- Study harder (I'm getting older and studying and exams are not really getting on well with me)
- Spend more time with friends (it takes 2 hands to clap, at the rate things are going I will be friendless soon)

No comments: