About Me

My photo
Singapore
Mel. You know me you know me. If you don't. Then try. Cheers. All pics on blog before 2014 are taken on an iPhone. Now using this blog to upload my Olympus EM10 photos.

Tuesday 20 July 2010

wake up and be grateful

National day is coming. And I know to many its nothing more than a public holiday and a waste of tax payers money on the ever increasing elaborate celebrations.

Well first let me state that I am proud to be a Singaporean. There is no where else in the world I can imagine living in.

There is positive progress in every form other countries can only dream of. We have economic stability, great education, extreme personal safety and so much more that all of us simply take for granted.

So next time you have a gripe with the country or the government. First ask yourself how you can make it better. Its easy to point fingers when things go wrong. But who thanks the country when your primary school daughter can walk home safely at night? Or the simple fact that she has an education? Never ever take all these for granted. Never.

Nobody is perfect. But we are sure damn near there.

No comments: