About Me

My photo
Singapore
Mel. You know me you know me. If you don't. Then try. Cheers. All pics on blog before 2014 are taken on an iPhone. Now using this blog to upload my Olympus EM10 photos.

Monday 13 April 2009

Power (metal) Trip down memory lane

X Japan (エックス ジャパン, X Japan?) (originally X (エックス, X?)) was a Visual Kei band formed in Chiba, Japan by the drummer and pianist, Yoshiki Hayashi and the lead vocalist Toshi. They started out as a Japanese power metal/speed metal band, and later gravitated towards an alternative rock sound, but always retained a huge emphasis on ballads.

Was going through my old stuff backing up my data. Found some of my old X-Japan songs. Remember listening to them before the guitarist died. Before all the hype about his death. And before all these kids nowadays who listen to J-rock and metal because it was the cool thing to do. I love the music. Although I don't understand Japanese one bit. But their music is simply brilliant stuff. Classic example of how music is a universal language.

No comments: